Become a Spiritual Director
Soul Shepherding’s Spiritual Direction Certificate Training is a 2-year program led by Dr’s Bill & Kristi Gaultiere.
Learn how to bring spiritual direction into your current ministry role or begin a new ministry as a spiritual director or soul care coach.
Our online spiritual direction training is designed for pastors, missionaries, and everyday disciples of Christ who support the Wonderful Counselor by journeying with others.
- Training from Bill, Kristi and other Soul Shepherding Sr. Spiritual Directors
- Experiential Learning Framework
- Online classes and supervision groups
- Meets the guidelines of the Evangelical Spiritual Directors’ Association (ESDA)
- Eligible to apply for listing as a Sr. Spiritual Director in the Soul Shepherding Network and ESDA
- Less than 20% of the cost and time of seminary certificate training programs
Try Our Courses Today
You can get taste of the training program by being “in the classroom” with Bill, Kristi, and other spiritual direction training instructors through these recorded class video trainings.
Certificate Program Training Components
Institute Retreats in a community of about 25 fellow soul shepherds.
Online Classes and supervision groups (90-minutes each month).
Practicum experiences to practice spiritual direction ministry and receive support from your supervisor and peers.
12 or more meetings with one of Soul Shepherding’s Sr. Spiritual Directors.
The Spiritual Direction certificate program also includes 14 assigned books* to read/review (from the Soul Shepherding reading list that informed the curriculum), 5 reflection papers, and 1 individual supervision meeting (with the option to add more).
We provide you with a Certificate Completion Planner that makes it easy for you to track your progress and earn your certificate.
Spiritual Direction Training Faculty
What people are saying....
Starts March 1st each year.
- All 4 Soul Shepherding Institute retreats need to be completed to earn a certificate.
$299 per month for 24 months (this includes fees for the required 4 Institute retreats).
* Additional costs for spiritual direction sessions, books, and private room on retreats.
** Pastors and missionaries can apply for scholarship assistance.
Try Our Courses Today
Get a taste of the training program by being “in the classroom” with Bill, Kristi, and other spiritual direction training instructors through these recorded class video trainings.