Become a certified Spiritual Director
Soul Shepherding’s Spiritual Direction Training (SDT) is a 2-year certificate program that builds on the Soul Shepherding Institute with additional monthly online groups for mentoring and supervision.
- Learn through personal experience in spiritual community
- Receive group supervision in your Spiritual Direction ministry
- Receive training from Bill & Kristi and other certified Spiritual Directors
- Meet the guidelines of the Evangelical Spiritual Directors’ Association (ESDA)
- Apply to become a Soul Shepherding Associate or to be listed on the ESDA website
What’s included in the program?
Meetings with a Spiritual Director: 4 hours are provided during the retreats and 12 are arranged on your own with a Spiritual Director on Soul Shepherding’s staff.
Online Supervision groups (90-minutes) led by a staff Spiritual Director. You get to listen to peers’ experiences providing spiritual direction ministry and discuss your own. Plus, you get an individual supervision session and can arrange more.
The program also includes reading 12 books from the Spiritual Direction Training and Certification Reading List, engaging in 20 conversations in which you practice giving spiritual direction to a friend or directee, completing 9 reflection papers (one page each).
What people are saying....
Soul Shepherding Institute: $900 per retreat (4 total retreats over 18 months)
Spiritual Direction Training:$150/month for 24 months. (Plus the cost of books and 12 Spiritual Direction sessions paid separately.)
Partial scholarships are available upon approval.