Soul Shepherding Job Opportunities
Soul Shepherding is a dynamic nonprofit ministry based in Orange County, CA that equips pastors and influencers with resources, coaching, and training to thrive with Jesus in life and leadership. It was founded in 2009 by Bill and Kristi Gaultiere, doctors of psychology, spiritual directors, and board members. After keeping the organization small for the first decade, in 2019 they pivoted into a growth strategy and quickly doubled in revenue, staff, and ministry output. The current team includes twelve operations staff and a growing number of independent contractors. You can view our current team, here!
These core values define how we work together to care for pastors and others:
- Intimacy with Jesus
The mission of the Inventory Fulfillment position is to support the ministry of Soul Shepherding by fulfilling online orders from the Soul Shepherding Store. The ideal candidate will be committed to extraordinary customer satisfaction, enthusiastic about Soul Shepherding’s mission and values and excel in the responsibilities and proficiencies identified below.
Depending on the candidate, this position is 5-10 hours per week. The candidate must live locally since the work is accomplished on site. Pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Fulfilling online orders from the Soul Shepherding Store (Shopify)
- Fulfilling orders as requested by staff for other ministry needs (Institute retreats, orders for events, partner ministries, etc.)
- Packaging orders of various sizes for safe shipment, weighing packages for final shipping totals, printing labels + adding to packages
- Dispersing orders for shipment (either scheduling pick ups or bringing orders to UPS/USPS offices)
- Performing physical inventory counts every other week and maintaining digital inventory numbers both in Google Sheets and Shopify
- Maintaining physical inventory space, includes cleaning and organization and possibly assembling of shelving.
- Anticipating the reorder needs of shipping and packing supplies + handling reordering through our chosen vendors
- Notifying staff when certain product inventory levels are within reordering range
- On an as needed basis, potentially reach out to customers via email or phone to troubleshoot any errors with their order, shipping address, etc.
- Working to become an expert in Soul Shepherding’s online offerings and internal systems
- Occasional transportation of inventory to local churches or ministries
- Picking up printed orders from local printer in Irvine.
- Possible errand running, event prep and working Soul Shepherding table at local events (includes table display and inventory packing before and after event)
- Possible occasional personal assistant work for founders Bill and Kristi Gaultiere and their home.
- Enthusiastic agreement with Soul Shepherding’s Statement of Faith, mission, and values.
- Organization skills
- Experience or a desire to learn in a customer support role processing online orders preferred
- Experience in an administrative or office capacity preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Eye for detail
- Takes initiative to follow up, ask questions, and ensure orders are processed and fulfilled in a manner that meets our standard of excellence
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction as needed from management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn new processes, tasks, and systems in a quick and efficient manner
What Success Looks Like
- Prompt processing of customer orders with careful attention to packaging to avoid product damage.
- Communicating and collaborating on inventory level management.
- You feel that you belong on the team, your role contributes to the whole, and your work is helping you grow spiritually.
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- PDF of your resume
- Tell us how you heard about this position
- Optional: Share your experience with Soul Shepherding
- Optional: Personality Test Results like Enneagram, MBTI, and StrengthsFinder Top 5
At Soul Shepherding, we recognize that the Lord has brought into this incredible community a great variety of skillsets and giftings among each of you. If we do not have a formal position posted but you are interested in working for Soul Shepherding, we would love to stay in touch — God has continued to bless and grow our ministry and as such, our needs are quickly evolving!
We ask that you please submit your resume and any details (what kind of role you’re looking for, how many hours, when you are available to start, etc.) to us at email@example.com.