Soul Shepherding Job Opportunities
Soul Shepherding is a dynamic nonprofit ministry based in Orange County, CA that equips pastors and influencers with resources, coaching, and training to thrive with Jesus in life and leadership. It was founded in 2009 by Bill and Kristi Gaultiere, doctors of psychology, spiritual directors, and board members. After keeping the organization small for the first decade, in 2019 they pivoted into a growth strategy and quickly doubled in revenue, staff, and ministry output. The current team includes twelve operations staff and a growing number of independent contractors. You can view our current team, here!
These core values define how we work together to care for pastors and others:
- Intimacy with Jesus
The mission of the Social Media & Graphic Design Assistant (SMGD) is to develop Soul Shepherding content and graphic designs that convey the five core values and engages our Most Valuable Community (MVC) with our Value Ladder of resources, services, and programs. The SMGD will report to Briana Gaultiere. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about Soul Shepherding’s mission and values and excel in the responsibilities and proficiencies identified below.
The SMGD position may be full time or part time and can focus on social media, graphic design, or both. Pay will be based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Understand and translate Soul Shepherding’s social media strategy into compelling and engaging posts across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest).
- Use existing Soul Shepherding content to generate and publish daily posts on all platforms.
- Create posts, stories, and videos utilizing branding guidelines and Canva templates.
- Use data to analyze what’s working, what’s not, and reinforce or refocus key messages accordingly.
- Track, organize, and implement hashtag strategies.
- Monitor and respond to comments and messages in a timely manner across all social media platforms.
- Work with the marketing team to create meaningful content that draws interest to Soul Shepherding’s resources, ministry, and events.
- Run monthly reports on social media impressions and activity across all platforms and report for Ministry Stats.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices, trends, features, and technologies.
- Other social media projects as requested.
Graphic Design Responsibilities
- Create images for email and blog headers utilizing Soul Shepherding’s branding and templates.
- Format PDF resources within Pages utilizing Soul Shepherding’s branding and templates.
- Curate and organize stock images and internal event photo library.
- Design graphics for monthly webinars utilizing Soul Shepherding’s branding.
- Provide support to visual communication needs and services.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies, practices, and techniques related to graphic design.
- Other marketing graphics as requested.
- Enthusiastic agreement with Soul Shepherding’s Statement of Faith, mission, and values.
- Eager to learn and emulate Soul Shepherding’s brand in social media posts and graphic design projects.
- Adaptable and responsive to instructions from supervisor.
- Prior experience with social media and graphic design, ideally in a ministry setting.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency with grammar and spelling.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Self-motivated worker who sees what needs to be done, takes initiative, prioritizes tasks, works independently with minimal oversight, and collaborates with other staff.
- Proficiency with technology, like Mac OS, Pages, Canva, Google Docs & Sheets, Dropbox, IG/FB Creator Studio, Zoom and Asana.
- Can manage multiple tasks and be interrupted.
What Success Looks Like
- Offloads work from Briana Gaultiere to free up her time for higher level projects.
- Replicate Soul Shepherding’s brand, style and quality of social media posts and graphic design projects.
- You feel that you belong on the team, your role contributes to the whole, and your work is helping you grow spiritually.
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Tell us how you heard about this position
- Share your experience with Soul Shepherding
- Share any personality information you know like Enneagram, Meyers Briggs (MBTI), and Strengths Finder
At Soul Shepherding, we recognize that the Lord has brought into this incredible community a great variety of skillsets and giftings among each of you. If we do not have a formal position posted but you are interested in working for Soul Shepherding, we would love to stay in touch — God has continued to bless and grow our ministry and as such, our needs are quickly evolving!
We ask that you please submit your resume and any details (what kind of role you’re looking for, how many hours, when you are available to start, etc.) to us at HR@soulshepherding.org.