By Bill Gaultiere
Soul Shepherding, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit ministry governed by an independent Board of Directors. We (Bill and Kristi) submit to the Board as unto Christ. Legally, we have set up this ministry so that neither of us have a vote on the Board.
The five voting Board members listed below provide discernment and accountability for how we implement the Soul Shepherding ministry vision, make all the governing decisions, and determine and oversee the annual budget including our salaries (what a local pastor makes for me and modest part time pay for Kristi).
Kristi and I are privileged to lead our two-hour long monthly Board meetings as spiritual formation gatherings, not as business meetings. These meetings begin with meditation on God’s Word, personal sharing, and prayer. Ministry decisions come out of prayer as we discern the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Our voting Board members are…
- John Snyder: CEO, Medical Excess; Spiritual Mentor to Pastors and Leaders.
- Margaret Snyder: Al Anon Sponsor; Spiritual Mentor.
- Michael Risely: Executive Pastor, Voyagers Bible Church; Spiritual Mentor to Pastors.
- Betty Southard: Christian Author and Speaker; Spiritual Director, CLASSeminars.
- Ed Salas: Spiritual Care Pastor, New Song Community Church; Healing Prayer Minister; Spiritual Mentor to Pastors.
Included in our monthly meetings with Kristi and I is my dad, Jim Gaultiere. All eight of us are pictured above.
You can read more about the philosophy for how Kristi and I lead our Soul Shepherding Board Meetings in my article, “Facilitating Spirit-Led Meetings.” We use this same philosophy in leading meetings for church staff groups, executive teams, and church elder boards.
Bill Gaultiere, Ph.D. & Kristi Gaultiere, Psy.D. ~ http://www.soulshepherding.org